It’s my little sister’s birthday today! I promised to mention her in a post today, because she apparently reads the blog. In your honour, my dear, we’re going to talk about October 23rd through history.
- October 23rd is the 296th day of the year, which means there are only 69 days left of 2014!
- On this day in 1707 the first parliament of Great Britain met.
- Today is also Ryan Reynolds’ (Green Lantern, The Croods, The Proposal) birthday!
- Today is an unofficial holiday called ‘Mole Day’ among chemistry enthusiasts. If that’s actually interesting to you, the Wikipedia page explains a bit more.
- In Hungary, 23rd October is their National Day. They’re celebrating with speeches and exhibitions.
- On this day in 2001, Apple introduced the iPod.
- According to the calculations of Archbishop John Ussher, the creation of the world began on October 23 4004 BC. Who knew?
- On this day in 1814, the first plastic surgery was performed right here in England.
- On this day in 1941, Disney’s Dumbo was realeased!
- Les Miserables (the musical) opened in Paris on this day in 1991.
- You also have the same birthday as Fatmir Sejdiu. He was the president of Kosovo.
- Michael Crichton shares your birthday, too! He wrote Jurassic Park.
And for those of you reading who have your birthdays on other days, what famous events coincide with yours?
Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!