I’m obsessed with the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast! I think it’s such a profound work, and I wanted to share some gems of wisdom:
- Chat-up lines are like Nutella: they should be used in copious amounts, in all situations, at all times.
Gaston is the perfect mentor in this area; here are a few favourites for you to whack out:
We shall be the perfect pair – rather like my thighs.
You are face to face with destiny.
All’s well that ends with me!
Gaston, you charmer.
- Eat stuff. It will make you feel better.
If you’re stressed, it’s fine dining we suggest.
- Hunting is in this season. Also next season. Actually, just every season.
I use antlers in all of my decorating.
My – what a guy, that Gaston.
- Do you know what’s cool? Superlatives.
It’s a beast! As tall as a mountain
Accurate communication is alright, but superlatives are better. Use liberally.
- The majority is always right, especially if you’re French.
Here we come! We’re fifty strong, and fifty Frenchmen can’t be wrong
Ah, classic mob logic.
Disclaimer: I am not serious. I love Beauty and the Beast, and I think it is wonderful. Please never use a Gaston pick-up line, unless you enjoy getting punched in the face.