I got nominated for The Sunshine Award by By Hook or By Book – it’s such a fun blog, so check it out!
The tag works as follows:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Without further ado, here are the questions I was set to answer:
1. What was your favorite book as a child?
This is tricky! I read a lot even when I was younger. I was really into Anthony Horowitz’s Alex Rider series, though.
2. What is the best book you’ve read recently?
I’m going to go with Love Rosie by Cecelia Ahern. It’s such a lovely read and I’m desperately excited to go and see the film adaptation!
3. Movies. Scary or RomCom?
Rom Com every time! I hate scary movies; I’m far too sensitive to sit through anything like that.
4. If you had the chance, what author would you most like to interview?
I’m assuming they don’t have to be alive? I’d really like to chat with Victor Hugo. His stories and wisdom are really inspiring and it would be so much fun to meet him! Another author I’d love to speak to is F Scott Fitzgerald.
5. Books. What is your favorite genre? It’s okay if you have more than one.
I read a bit from most genres; I need the variety! I enjoy YA, fantasy, romance, action, mystery, (auto)biographies, homour…the list goes on!
6. What book or series have you read more than once?
Many! I used to re-read Enid Blyton’s Mallory Towers series a lot when I was younger. One stand-alone book I’ve read a lot is actually Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech. I don’t know why I loved it so much; it was just really magical. I need to re-read it again, I think!
7. What book or series would you like to be a character in?
I want to be in Lord of the Rings! There are so many exciting places and people to interact with – it would be fantastic!
8. Have you ever used a Ouija board? If so, did anything happen?
Nope. I do believe that Ouija boards can work, but I also think that it’s nothing good. It’s something I steer clear of.
9. Have you ever seen a UFO?
Nope! It would be cool, though!
10. What made you start blogging?
This blog was actually originally a project with a few book-loving friends. I ended up just taking it on myself, because I was the more enthusiastic person (about the blog – not in general!), and the only one with a real interest in writing. Anyway, I kept this going and I’m really glad I did!
Ok! At this point I’m supposed to nominate ten blogs who I think deserve this award (whether they pick up on the nomination or not!) Every single one of these blogs make me smile and I really recommend you check out any that you don’t already follow!
Anne from Books Baking and Blogging
Ashley from WordsWeHeart
Ashley from For the Love of the Page
Emily from Books and Cleverness
Stefani from Caught Read Handed
Becky from Becky’s Book Talk
Joey from Thoughts and Afterthoughts
Casey from Writing My Legacy
My questions for anyone who fancies doing this are:
1. If you had to hang out with one book character for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
2. What is your favourite literary pet/animal?
3. Which literary character(s) do you wish was your parent(s)?
4. Do you have a favourite book to movie adaptation?
5. What are your thoughts on Goodreads?
6. What’s your favourite book that is not set in an English-speaking country?
7. Is there one book that you would recommend to everyone?
8. Do you prefer e-books or paper books?
9. Which Hogwarts House would you be in?
10. What’s your favourite thing about your blog?
That’s it from me! Feel free to share your thoughts on the questions. (Especially the Hogwarts House one – any other Hufflepuffs out there?)
Thanks again for my nomination!
Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day.