Before we get into this I just wanted to scribble a quick update: I’m moving to university TODAY!! I have a few posts pre-written so I’ll still be a regular presence, and I hope to continue blogging (although probably a bit less) through-out my studies.
Thank you, that will be all.
I took a really interesting quiz on the Barnes and Noble Book Blog (it’s a really good site, actually – who knew?) where famous books were summarised misleadingly. Anyway, it made me think, and I was inspired to dream up a few of my own:
1. An elderly man kidnaps a small child from her bed.
2. An unpleasant writer follows two teenagers half-way across the globe.
3. Some friends team up to murder a hoarder.
4. A pyromaniac suffering from depression and an excellent hairstyle finds her wings.
5. A deranged and racist gentleman hunts and attempts the murder of a cut of meat.
6. A cat-lover goes on an extended fishing trip.
7. A sweet-toothed atheist starts a scandal.
8. An abused child is pursued by a giant and taken from his family.
9. A fish gets hungry for no apparent reason.
10. Five Englishmen (give or take a Hungarian) hunt down an ambitious immigrant.
I chose books I feel are very well-known, so if you fancy having a guess feel free! Also if you’d like to share any of your own ‘misleading plot blurbs’, I’d love to read them.
Click here for the post with the answers!
Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!